Ypsilanti Meals on Wheels (YMOW): Snazzy Volunteers
Join us as a volunteer ensure that when our community steps out to move those feet at Meals on Heels that we have great Volunteers moving those feet to help ensure the event is a huge success.
About the Event: Guests will enjoy a fun and fashionable cocktail party while supporting our mission to feed the homebound elderly and medically fragile of our local community.
May 4th, 2017, from 4–9 p.m.
Ladies Literary Club
noon - 3 pm: Setup and pickup of food items in the Ypsilanti area (Bona Sera, Arbor brewing co., Cultivate and Terry Bakery; all in downtown Ypsilanti)
- Setting up auction tables
- Setting up the chairs
- Testing out the music system
- Preparing the beverage station & food station
3 pm - 6 pm: Final setup and the start of the party
- Greeting guests
- Taking coats
- food serving
- Auction table management (& proxy bidding)
- Beverage replenishment support
- Last minute prep in case we need to get to the store
6 - 9 pm: All hands on deck for party operations & start to clean up
- Auction table management
- food serving
- Helping clients retrieve their coats
- Cashier & payment
- Food and beverage support (including cleanup)
- Initial take down and clean up of the space
8:00 - 10:00 pm: Final cleanup of the event (likely be done before 10 pm)
- Clean up of items
- Ensuring that Auction items and payments are complete & preparing for shipment or returning items to the YMOW office.
- Kitchen and bar area clean up
All volunteers who assist with the Meals on Heels fundraiser will receive:
- A $5 Mongolian BBQ voucher or $5 Cultivate Coffee & Taphouse
- Be entered into a volunteer raffle drawing
- Access to beverages during the event (adult beverage as well if you are 21+)
- Pizza & salad
- Ability to bid on auction items
If you or a group are interested in volunteering please send me an email with your interest in type of volunteer work, preferred shift, phone number and email.
Thanks for joining us being a part of Charity with its Workboots on to help support homebound Seniors.
Interested call us at: 734-487-9669, apply via UW or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested attire: All black (pants, suit, dress, skirt, etc) & feel free to wear your snazzy sneakers, striking stillettos, swanky soles or super unique sandals.