We enhance care and support
The Alzheimer’s Association works on a global, national and local level to enhance care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer’s and related dementias. We are one of many chapters across the nation, providing services within each community. We are here to help!
- Our professionally staffed 24/7 Helpline (800.272.3900) offers information and advice to more than 250,000 callers each year and provides translation services in more than 170 languages.
- We run more than 4,500 support groups throughout the country and connect people across the globe through our online message boards.
- We provide caregivers and families with comprehensive online resources and information through our Alzheimer's and Dementia Caregiver Center, which features sections on early-stage, middle-stage and late-stage caregiving.
- We help people find clinical trials through our free service Alzheimer’s Association TrialMatch®, which makes it easy to search opportunities based on personal criteria.
- We deliver 20,000 education programs annually and offer online information in 15 languages.
- Our free online tool, Alzheimer's NavigatorTM, provides individuals with Alzheimer's and their caregivers with step-by-step guidance and customized action plans, and our online Community Resource Finderprovides instant access to community resources and services.
- We house the Alzheimer's Association Green-Field Library, the nation's largest library and resource center devoted to increasing knowledge about Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
- Our safety services, Comfort Zone® and MedicAlert® + Alzheimer’s Association Safe Return®, provide location management for people with Alzheimer’s who wander.
- Our annual Walk to End Alzheimer's® is the nation's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer's care, support and research.
We advance research
As the largest non-profit funder of Alzheimer's research, the Association is committed to accelerating progress of new treatments, preventions and ultimately, a cure. Through our partnerships and funded projects, we have been part of every major research advancement over the past 30 years.
- We advance the understanding of Alzheimer's through our peer-reviewed research grant program, which has awarded nearly $315 million to more than 2,200 scientists since 1982.
- Our annual Alzheimer's Association International Conference(AAIC)® brings together thousands of researchers to share information and findings.
- Our scientific journal, Alzheimer’s & Dementia, provides a single publication for the global scientific community to share its diverse knowledge.
- Our professional society, Alzheimer's Association International Society to Advance Alzheimer's Research and Treatment (ISTAART), is the only professional society designed exclusively for individuals dedicated to Alzheimer's and dementia science.
- Our online Research Center offers current information about advacements being made worldwide.
- We offer annual Alzheimer's research events regionally in November: A Global Search for Hope, A Local Call to Action.
The Association is the leading voice for Alzheimer's disease advocacy, fighting for critical Alzheimer's research, prevention and care initiatives at the state and federal level. We diligently work to make Alzheimer’s a national priority. Join our effort.
- We develop policy resources, including Alzheimer’s Disease Facts and Figures and Changing the Trajectory of Alzheimer’s Disease, to educate decision makers on the economic and emotional toll that Alzheimer's takes on families and the nation.
- Our advocates engage elected officials at all levels of government and participate in our annual Alzheimer's Association Advocacy Forum, a march on Capitol Hill to meet with elected representatives.
- With our chapters, we work to pass legislation at the federal, state and local level.